Well hello! Long time, no blog! Hopefully you have been keeping well, esp with the snow that has been gracing the UK over the last few weeks. I always get expectant of warmer sunnier weather this time of year but alas it’s been more wintry. Roll on Spring!
So in my absence of blogging I have been chilling out (quite literally with this weather!) and just taking a break from the merry go round of blogging. I wish I could say I have been busy with blog worthy events and outings but it’s been a bit quiet on that front.
But one thing I have done that is blogger friendly is attend my second The Body Shop VIP blogger evening in my home town. This is such an awesome event held in my local branch of TBS and it’s open local bloggers and Youtubers.
After the success of the first one I attended back in November, I was eager to go to another one to see all the new season exclusive products and purchase lovely products.
The Body Shop as you may know is committed to being against animal testing on all it’s products and has started a campaign to encourage all other beauty brands to follow suit. 80% of countries still allow animal testing on their beauty products and they want to end this practise everywhere and forever.
Their aim is to get 8 million signatures to present to the UN General Assembly in 2018. As I write this they are nearly at 5 million signatures, which is incredible. But there is still plenty of scope to get more. To add your name to the petition, simply fill in this form here.
Aside from learning about the fight to end animal testing, we got to have a go at Hook a Duck. Which when blind folded with a wooden stick with a small hook is not easy. I ended up giving up as I couldn’t hook a damn duck and I could sense a queue forming behind me.
(I did have another go once the queue petered out and I ‘won’ (and by ‘won’ I mean the sales assistant helped me win) a white bunny eared beauty head band.
I also tested various products from their make up range. I had previously spied their CC beauty cream but I held out until this blogger event to get it, as they offered discount on all purchases! I went in thinking I didn’t need anything and I left with a bag full of products.
- Strawberry shampoo and a sample of the strawberry conditioner (as they were out of stock) £6.50 each. I’ve tried this and it smells as good as the name suggests!
- Instaglow CC cream £15 This one comes in a peachy shimmer and as well as giving 24 hour moisturisation it also gives a soft glow to my skin.
- Concealer all in one £9.00. I’m always on the hunt for the holy grail of concealers as the bags under my eyes could be called eye bin liners! This unfortunately isn’t my saviour as after applying it and blending in, it blends in to barely noticeable! Maybe I need something more industrial strength!
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Strawberry Kisses eau de toilette £15. I’ve been wanting to find a new scent and this one is just the ticket! I’m one for a sweet scent and I love this 🙂
- Vitamin E cleanse tone and moisturise set £20 (whilst I can’t find this three product set online I believe most branches should have it in stock and it works out great value for money when brought together as a set). I’m more of a cleanse with micellar water and moisture with Nivea kinda girl (cos that’s a thing!). But then I saw this as a set and thought it’s about time I stepped up my beauty routine and committed to a proper cleanse, tone and moisturise routine.
As well as that, with any purchase I also received a goodies bag which contained various body butters and samples of their latest products.
Another great element to these blogger events is meeting other local people who are on social media. We can be a reclusive bunch, so to have an event where we can meet is something I would love more of.
I met up with Youtuber Chloe Marie. Chloe’s Youtube channel is worth checking out if like me you prefer small subscriber channels, as apposed to the larger channels which to me some are not as genuine. (Maybe I’ll save that for another post, or maybe not as I doubt my opinions on the matter will go down well!).
Chloe and myself had a good mooch around the store, smelling and testing various products and filling up our baskets!
I hope these The Body Shop events get rolled out to other branches as it’s such a fun event and educational too. Not only do you get to try new products, meet like minded people but I found it really beneficial to hear about all the fantastic work The Body Shop are doing to fight against animal testing.
Until next time,
Love and hugs,
564 total views, 3 views today