I feel I haven’t done a post like this before for a long time if ever, so I thought now is the time!
I do have a reasonable amount of make up (but no where near enough like Zoella!). But despite that there are a handful of staple products I always go to.
In this post I want to share what those wonderous products are and why I always reach for them.
So let’s make a start…
1. Number one of my list is by Kiko | Ulimate Pen Long Wear Eyeliner.
I brought this recently as I am always on the hunt for a really good eyeliner pen. I just can’t handle eyeliner in a pot, I’m not steady enough in the hand to apply it!
A pen eyeliner works so much better for me. This one, whilst it’s not the best I’ve ever used, I’m persevering with it to perfect those flicks!
Rating: *** /5
2. Maybelline | Eye Precise Micro Pencil in soft brown. I like this as an eyebrow product as it has a fine crayon like end, which I can best describe as a muddy brown colour. Sounds gross but is a good shade match for my brows.
As it has a fine end you can mimic brow hairs and shape in quite neatly. The colour stays put for most of the day.
There is also a spooly at the end for brushing through those brows.
A great all round eye brow pencil.
Raring: **** /5
3. Maybelline | Brown Satin eye brow colour in medium brown. This is an eye brow product I have been using for some time. I find the shade is a close match to my brows and the crayon end is easy to apply to the brow.
At the other end of the pencil is a capped sponge applicator for filling in brows. To be honest I don’t use this end much as the pencil end suffices for me.
Rating: **** /5
4. Maybelline | Vivid Matte Liquid lip colour in shade 50 Nude Thrill. I love this lip colour! It applies well and lasts a good number of hours. Unlike some matte lip colours that dry and crack after only a short wear, this stays put.
I also love the shade as it adds some colour to the lip whilst looking natural. The shade I would describe as a very light terracotta colour.
Rating: ***** /5
5. Maybelline | Lash Sensational mascara in black. This little mascara is a hero product of mine. It has cult status now as so many people have brought one. And for good reason too!
It coats my lashes, adds volume and adds length too.
I recently tried again the Benefit They’re Real mascara as this used to be my fav mascara but in comparison the Maybelline mascara is miles better. I don’t know how many of this mascara I have got through now!
Star rating: ***** /5
6. Benefit | Ready, Set Brow- brow setting gel. This sample size product I got free with a magazine and it is a bloody good freebie! It’s like clear mascara for your brows! It sets your brows in place once coloured in and keeps them in place all day.
A must have product!
Star rating: **** / 5
7. Rimmel | Lasting finish foundation. I’m nearly at the end of this bottle and I must get another one as it’s so good! The shade I chose is a great match for my skin tone. The product is quite thick, but applies well and gives great coverage without looking too over done.
It claims to last for 25 hours (why 25 hours exactly I don’t know!) but it would say it does last for the best part of a day.
Star rating: **** /5
8. Rimmel | Sculpting Palette in 002 Coral Glow. This is a good price friendly contouring kit. The contour shade is a warm terracotta shade, which adds some definition but not a lot (perhaps it’s the way I apply it!). Great for a more subtle look.
The blusher shade is a blush rose shade and again offers a more natural hint of colour.
The highlighter is of a beige shade and not a highlighter I actually use that much as I prefer a highlighter with more of a shimmer.
Over all a great palette if you are after a warm, natural look.
Rating: *** / 5
9. Make Up Obsession | Mono Eye Shadow in E147 Bullet. I discovered this range of eyeshadows in Boots last December and I love them!
There are quite a few eye colour shades, as well as blusher and highlighters to chose from. Each one comes individually, and you can by them separately (the eye shadows are only £2.00 each) or buy a few to fill a palette with.
Which I did previously and even had the top of the palette engraved and personalised in Boots.
I love this colour as it is a dark rusty brown shade with some shimmer.
The colour pay off is great and for the price is a great buy!
Rating: **** /5
10. Rimmel | Match Perfection concealer. I have a number of concealers and it seems to be despite how many I buy, nothing quite conceals my under eye area as much as I’d like them to.
This one by Rimmel is ok, but doesn’t offer the best coverage. I like the brush applicator as this helps to apply the concealer with out the need of any additional tools.
I keep using it as I don’t want to waste it but not something I would repeat buy.
Rating: ** /5
The brushes I have recently brought from HomeSense of all places. The set is 5 wooden handled brushes for contouring and blusher. I love the blue colour and the quality is really impressive! And they were only £14.99 for the set!
The make up bag is also from Home Sense.
Until I discover anymore must have beauty products, these are the ones that I use on a daily basis. I’d love to know what beauty products you always go to and feel free to share below in the comments any recommendations you have!
Thanks for checking out this post. And come back on Sunday for another new blog post!
(Not a sponsored post- brought all with my own pennies!)
Love and hugs,
1,599 total views, 3 views today